Most of the time software bugs can happen when developer fails to perform thorough testing under different set of conditions and scenarios. If you encounter software or website that failed to work as expected. Stay calm.
The best way for software developers to quick diagnose the issue is to make a bug report. Basically a bug report is just a simple document that contains some important details to describe the nature of the issue:
– Steps to reproduce (is it consistent?)
– What user experience now
– What user should be experiencing
– URL/Screen when the issue happened
– Platform and devices used
– Screenshots of the issue
– Error codes and related technical info
– User Login used when the issue occurred
– State your priority on the fix (Low/Medium/High/Very Urgent)
This will help developers to recreate the same issue users are facing and can drastically speed up the diagnostic work and quickly work on the related fix.